If you have never considered that your mattress needs a protector, it may be the ideal time to do so. And if you have a young child who doesn't have one yet, we don't know what you're waiting for!
If you like risk, that's fine with us, we're also into going on an adventure, but there are times when it's not worth taking the risk. And there are things that are not worth risking either, among them: the well-being of a mattress. We know that you are one of those who does not clean the mattress, although we trust that you change the sheets often. However, that is not enough to keep the mattress in good condition. A protector would make your life easier and we are sure that you will thank us.
Why it is essential to have a mattress protector
The mattress protector is intended to prevent natural wear and tear on a mattress, and who doesn't want to keep their mattress intact for longer? We are going to know the benefits of a protector, to see if that is how you start to consider buying it. Although let us tell you that if you have children and you don't have one, we don't know what you are waiting for!
As you already know, the basic function of a mattress protector is to protect your bed from all those external agents that can damage it, such as humidity, dust, mites and liquids. It is a complement designed to keep your best companion of rest in good condition, so it is important to consider their well-being.
The fact that your mattress is totally protected and isolated from any residue that could damage it, means that its good condition is extended and its deterioration is delayed. In addition, in the hottest seasons it prevents the humidity produced by sweat from filtering. So, even before buying the sheets, you should consider that a mattress's best friend will always be its protector.
Does dust mite allergy ring a bell? Normal, because it is becoming more and more common. Here is some unpleasant but interesting information to keep in mind… When we sleep, the friction produced by our body when we move releases dead skin particles that… guess what? They end up on our mattress. And why don't you also guess what the mites' favorite food is? Exact. So if you want to prevent a new ecosystem led by mites from appearing on your mattress, the protector will prevent that dead skin from reaching your beloved mattress.
Assuming you don't already have a protector, one way to avoid dust mites is also to clean your mattress. How lazy, right? Well, with a protector, the conditions of the mattress remain optimal for longer, so it is necessary to wash it less frequently. In short, they are all advantages!
Best mattress protectors
The choice of one type or another of mattress protector will depend directly on the needs you have and the characteristics of your mattress. So, we are going to explain what are the protectors that we have so that you can choose which one is the best according to your situation:
- Velfont Virusan Protector: With the name maybe you can get an idea. This protector is made of 100% cotton knit fabric with Virusan® antibacterial treatment and viral reducer. In addition, it guarantees the hygiene of the mattress, since it protects it comprehensively (against liquids and humidity), keeping it in perfect condition for longer. It is important to note that it has a high degree of breathability, so that it allows air to pass through. And if you are one of those who moves a lot at night and you suffer in case it gets out of place, you don't have to worry; thanks to the elastic throughout the platform, it allows adjustment avoiding unwanted movements during the night.
- Velfont Bamboo Protector 3 Layers: Bamboo is used for many more things than we think and the elaboration of this protector is one of them. It is made with bamboo fabric of maximum absorption, softness and freshness on both sides. It is a waterproof and breathable product that provides complete protection against liquids and dust mites, as its Neotherm® membrane acts as a physical barrier preventing them from penetrating into the mattress. As if that wasn't enough for you, bamboo is an ecological and sustainable resource, so this protector is not only helpful for you, but also for the environment.
- Velfont Anti-mite Protector: It is made with high-quality 100% cotton knitted fabric and Acarsan Natural® anti-mite treatment with plant extracts. And the best thing is that it retains its properties after successive washings for optimal protection against mites and liquids during rest. In addition, it protects the mattress in a practical and comfortable way, since it fits like a bottom sheet. Not to mention that it ensures total protection of the mattress against liquids and is an effective barrier against mites, germs and bacteria.
- Velfont Outlast Protector: Attention! That you will like this. This protector has an outer face of 100% cotton thermo-regulating fabric, which applies the most advanced technology developed by NASA (cool, huh?) with the cotton fabric, obtaining an exclusive and unique product on the market. The thermo-regulating fabric acts by absorbing, storing and releasing the heat that we give off, creating an individualized comfort zone. Provides a constant microclimate, not too cold, not too hot. In short: the protector we all want.
How to keep my protector in good condition
We know that its function is to protect the mattress, but don't overdo it either... Even though your mattress is no longer in danger, you must continue to be careful not to stain the bed.
The mattress protector should be washed regularly, in fact, once a month is recommended. But to keep it in good condition, not only do you have to wash it, there is also a list of things you should NOT do:
- Do not use bleach when washing
- Don't iron it
- Use ⅓ of the usual dose of detergent